Friday, August 22, 2008

Tiramisu

Shuo's favorite cake is Tiramisu, so naturally I would make her an extra large tiramisu cake (considering 40+ people are attending her party). My usual cakes are 8" round cakes and this time, I attempted to make a 9"x13" cake. I went back to the days to algebra and calculated the amount of batter I would need to use for the cake. And here it is!

The cake is made of 2 layers of vanilla sponge cake brushed with kahlua-coffee syrup, 2 layers of rum mascarpone cream, and dusted with cocoa powder. This is the first time I made a Tiramisu cake without a container. I usually made these in a pyrex pan and therefore I don't have to worry about the structure of the cake. So this time, I add some gelatine to the cream so that it is more stable. I think (based on the responses I got) it doesn't really affect the taste of the cake. I also lined the cake with ladyfingers to make a fortified wall and then wrap it with my favorite ribbon.

Shuo always scream "Cium! Cium!" in other people's birthday and so I thought I'd give her a scream as well on her birthday. *_^

I'm glad to hear that the bday girl enjoyed the cake even though I had to miss the party due to a music practice. >_<

2 comments: