Friday, August 22, 2008

Mango Mousse Cake

Mango is one of my favorite fruit and since it is in season, I thought of making a cake with mangoes. The first thing that came to mind was a mango mousse cake.

Here is a picture of the cake before it is decorated.



Here is a picture of the cake when decorated.


This cake consist of 3 layers: a sponge cake base, mango mousse, and mango jelly. The sponge cake base can be any kind of sponge cake you like.

For the mango mousse:
2 cups of fresh mango puree
1/4 cups of sugar
1 cup of whipped cream
1 1/2 packets of gelatin
1/4 cups of water

For the mango jelly:
1 cup of fresh mango puree
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 cups of orange liquor (or water)
1 packet of gelatin

I have also used some lychees on top of the sponge cake as an element of "surprise" in the cake. I've used milk chocolate in my decorations. Here is a picture of the cake when cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment