Friday, August 22, 2008

Andrew's Farewell

I know I wanted to make a chocolate cake because Andrew told me he likes chocolate. But I just don't know what kind of chocolate cake to make. Chocolate fudge cake? Devil's cake? Chocolate chiffon? I finally decided to make a chocolate rum cake with diplomat cream. I fell in love with the diplomat cream that I made for my eclairs. The texture is very light and fluffy!


This cake is made of 3 layers of moist chocolate sponge cake brushed with rum simple syrup, 2 layers of diplomat cream, and covered in chocolate ganache. I'm still learning on how to glaze with ganache. As you can see, the glaze is not very smooth. I will definitely try better next time.

I brought this cake along with a Indonesian cheesecake. I've received positive reactions for both cakes although there are divided opinion as to which cake my friends like most.

ps. Diplomat cream is pastry cream mixed with some whipped cream. The ratio I used is 2 cups of pastry cream to 1 cup of whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment