Thursday, August 21, 2008

Black Forest Cake

This cake is also courtesy of my mom. She has been baking Black Forest Cake to sell since she was in her teens. She even opened baking classes for the neighboring housewives. When I asked her for this recipe, she gave it to me saying "Enjoy, and let me know how it went!"

Of course, I did enjoy baking the cake! This one is made with 2 layers of chocolate sponge cake brushed with rum, filled with rum Chantilly cream and dark Bing cherries. I cover the whole cake with rum Chantilly cream. I like this cake because I don't have to be perfect in frosting my cake since it will be covered in chocolates.

I have wrapped the cake in chocolate and topped it with dark chocolate shavings. This is my first time playing with chocolate wrap and chocolate shavings. As you can see, it's rather messy. I'll do better next time. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Yosssiiii..I wantttt..come to SF and bake me one! Btw, love your baking blog and thanks for sharing recipes :) ~Jenny~

    ReplyDelete