Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It all starts in May 2008

I've always been fond of food and my mom has always been the role model for me. She cooks, bakes, sews, garden, and she can even fix the plumbing in our house. I thank her for this hobby of mine.

My baking frenzy started in May 2008 when I stumbled upon the Joy of Baking site that showed beautiful pictures of cakes, breads, and all kinds of baked goods. I started reading the recipes there and wondered if I can actually make something like that on my own. I started with a simple raspberry sponge cake recipe and it turns out pretty well. Stephanie wrote very clear instructions and explained the reasons behind the processes.

Here is a picture of the raspberry sponge cake I made.

Although this is not as pretty as Stephanie's, my friends liked the cake. This encourages me to explore further. And since I've been blessed through many baking blogs such as this and this, I thought I should also start my own blog.

I'm still very new at this and I still have a LOT to learn. I welcome your feedback and comments. Also, if you've tried some of my baking, let me know your feedback as well so that I can improve in the future. ^_^



3 comments:

  1. yostaaa.. u should write your recipe here too.. so that when others visit your blog, they can learn and try their own baking... jadi mereka will come back for more yos...

    good job dude.. i'm so proud of you =) i heard from dodo & nyoi's family that your cakes are absolutely delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried this one.. it's sooooo good!!

    A perfect dessert, especially after eating all that heavy dinner (meats, and ethnic-tasty-ones). I just love your sponge cake..it's sweet but not too sweet, tastes so fresh!

    And wow! This was the 1st time u made them? I was there, so I think I can give a comment :) U baked it like it was soo easy! and so quick! WOW! :)

    I'm waiting more of your cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accidentally found your blog. It is so interesting and all your baking results look so good. I am not good at baking at all--so maybe I can learn from you. May I have the recipe of roti keju? I made once and when it was cold it was stone hard.--

    Thank you for sharing-

    ReplyDelete