Saturday, August 23, 2008

Black Forest Cake 2

My second cake order! Yayyy!! Thanks, Donna!

This is a Black Forest Cake. I made this one a little different than the one I made before. The cake consist of 3 layers of chocolate sponge cake brushed with rum simple syrup. The first filling layer consist of dark bing cherries in chocolate-rum chantilly cream. The second filling consist of dark bing cherries in rum chantilly cream. I also played around with the decorations. If you notice, the chocolate shavings on the cake has 2 different shades. The lighter one (inner circle) is made of milk chocolate while the darker one (outer loop) is made of dark chocolate.

I wrapped the cake in chocolate sheet. I think I did better here than previously although it is still not perfect. I also decorated it with my favorite ribbon. :)
Donna brought this cake to the office and she told me that by 9AM the cake is already running out. I was amazed and at the same time SUPER happy that people enjoyed the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment