Friday, August 22, 2008

Indonesian Cheesecake - Chiffon Style

My very first cake order! Yayyy!! I was super duper excited about this cake because this was the first time someone had ordered a cake from me. Jess had tried my cake at Andrew's farewell party and she liked it. :) Thanks, Jess!



This cake is based of my mom's chiffon cake recipe, which I have memorized by heart now. :) I have covered the cake with Indonesian Kraft cheese (very hard to find in Houston) and I have decorated it with some red cherries.

I like the overall look of the cake. It's rather simple, but at the same time it's quite pretty. I didn't get to try the cake as she brought it to CS. I hope she enjoyed it!


5 comments:

  1. yossi, where could i find the indonesian kraft cheese in houston? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie,

    I got mine from HongKong Supermarket and Diho Supermarket. But there are many times where they were out of stock. Hope you found some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup you're right they're always out:) which isle did you find them? *double check in case i looked in the wrong isle*......

    thanks yossie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessie,

    Can I have the recipe for this? I have the recipe for the chiffon cake, but just want to find out how do u make the topping. Thank you.

    Noveny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessie, I can't remember which aisle it's in but it's near the Indonesian food products.

    Hi Noveny, you can find the recipe i use here: http://inlovewithbaking.blogspot.com/2009/03/cheese-chiffon-is-back.html

    ReplyDelete