Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Long Story Chiffon

For our girl's bible study group, someone requested that I made the Cheese Chiffon Cake. I was very excited to make the cake because I just went hunting for the Indonesian Kraft Cheese and found them!

At first everything went smoothly. I pre-heated the oven, I worked the batter, poured it to the pan, and then put it in the oven. I turned the timer on for 30 minutes and then waited. After about 20 minutes, I took a peek at the oven to see how my cake is doing and strangely, the batter didn't rise at all, which is very unusual. I started to trace back my steps to see if I had done anything wrong to cause this, but I couldn't think of anything. So after 30 minutes, I checked on it again and the batter still looks the same from 10 minutes ago. It didn't rise and nor was it brown at the top. This is VERY strange because even if the batter didn't inflate, the cake would've been baked. Then I noticed... the oven was turned OFF! *GASP!!*

I panicked and I felt really upset. I thought my cake would be ruined! All those eggs gone to waste! But in the spirit of not giving up, I turned the oven back on and put another 30 minutes on the oven. I checked on my cake every now and then. The batter started to inflate and the top started to brown. I used a skewer to check if the cake has been thoroughly baked after 30 minutes, and then I took it out.

It turns out that the cake was just fine. The taste and the texture of the cake was like normal. I was very surprised myself. :) Here is a picture of it after we ate some at the small group meeting.




No comments:

Post a Comment