Thursday, April 2, 2009

Finally... Macarons :)

I was asked over this past weekend of the one type of cake/cookies/bread that I think is the most difficult to make so far. My answer is plain and simple - macarons! Of the 4 times I made macarons, I had a 50% success rate. >_< href="http://tartelette.blogspot.com/2008/04/macarons-101-in-desserts-magazine.html">Tartelette's Demystifying Macarons, I have some idea of the chemistry behind macarons and the tips on baking a good batch of macarons. But even though I followed every step of the instructions, I still wasn't able to be successful the last 2 times I made it. So when this batch developed macaron "feet", I was EXTRA HAPPY! :)

I had some awesome help from my dear friends from California who came and visited Texas. :) I felt very sorry that there's not much to see in Houston (compared to the beauty of California), but I was extremely happy having them here. We had lots of eating going on during that weekend, and of course, lots of baking as well. :)


I think that one of the most fun thing about macarons (aside from seeing the feet developed), is stacking them. It's always such a challenge for me. :p I think the white ones that I made was a little too stiff and therefore did not have a flat shell like the pink ones. But somehow, Irene and Bule were able to stack them high! I bet they're awesome at Jenga. :p

Anyways... I just wanted to share these with you. I know I haven't been blogging for quite a while. My computer was attacked by a virus a while ago and had just recently been restored. And work has been taking so much of my time that I don't really have much time to bake or post blogs. :( But this weekend is a relaxing one for me. I was rewarded with a Friday off. :) I need to start thinking about my plan tomorrow. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment