Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chocolate Black Forest Cake

I really enjoyed my work schedule this past 3 weeks up till yesterday. We would start work at 7 and go home at 5. Of course there are days where we have to take work home, but it's usually not more than 2-3 hours of work from home. :) I think the 2 best thing about coming to work early are:

1. Seeing the sun rises in the morning
2. Coming home when everybody else is

Now that I'm back to my other client, my work schedule changed back to normal again. But, I have nothing to complain about because I am thankful that I still have a job and that I have people who love me. :) Yay!

So far this week I've only made these 2 black forest cakes. They are cake orders coming from a friend I met over facebook. I've never actually met her in person, but it's nice to know more people and meet new friends. These cakes are 2 layers of moist chocolate sponge cake brushed with rum simple syrup, filled with rum chocolate cream and generous servings of dark bing cherries, and wrapped with bittersweet chocolate. I really think that I have put too much rum on this cake. >_< But it's too late - I've mixed it all in the cream and there's no turning back. I just hope that whoever eat this cake likes rum.

My friend requested that I write "Happy Easter Birthday 2009" on the smaller cake and this got me really nervous. I'm not very good with cake writings and I'm very nervous about the idea. I prepared myself for failure and made 4 chocolate plagues to write on. I wrote the blurb on each plague and, crossed my finger, hope that at least one will come out to be decent looking. :p The words were a little slanted, but at least it's legible. :)


I still have lots to do this weekend. 2 more cake projects due and it's already Thursday! Eeksss! But despite my busy work schedule and limited cake-time, I really enjoyed every moment I have baking in my kitchen. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment