Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mocha Pudding

I've been inspired by Eva, who is the master at pudding making, to actually make my own pudding. :) I believe that the last time I made any form of pudding would be with Nutrijell read-made and fully flavored packages. But this time it's different, I made these from "scratch."

I had looked through a few recipes on mocha/chocolate/sacher puddings, but since this is my first time making my own pudding, I wanted to try a recipe that has been proven to work. So I finally decided on Ci Sukma's Mocha pudding recipe (which I found from Ci Kiki's blog). It's really easy to follow recipe and since Ci Sukma and Ci Kiki (both are awesome cooks) approves of it, I'm very sure that it's going to be good. :)

I have to warn you though, this is an Indonesian pudding - not the pudding that most Americans know of. I learn about this when I brought this mocha pudding to work. My coworkers were very confused and had funny looks on their faces as they tried my pudding. :p This pudding is made using agar-agar and has a sturdier texture than jello. The pudding that they're used has more of a custard-like texture. It was a really interesting after-lunch dessert for them and we sure had lots of laughs trying the "Indonesian pudding."

No comments:

Post a Comment