Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Strawberry Cupcakes

Today is Jessica's birthday and I really felt that time flew by very quickly. I felt that it wasn't too long ago when I baked her birthday cake last year and now a year has passed. In that one year I get to see her grow and mature :) She's also become one very talented baker! This year I didn't bake her a birthday cake because she had baked her own. It's a very nice basket weave cake with lots of pretty flowers and butterflies. I wish I can show you pictures of the cake.


Even though I didn't bake a cake for her birthday, I still felt that I needed to bring something to today's hotpot bible study session. So I rushed home from Galveston and baked these strawberry cupcakes within an hour. I didn't have time to think too much about how the cupcakes will turn out or what kinds of frosting/decorations I will use. All I know is that I need to make something that can be done in a short amount of time and taste and look decent. So I settled with strawberry sponge cupcakes with strawberry Chantilly cream and fresh strawberries. :) It's a very simple cupcake but overall, I think I work rather well under pressure. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment