Thursday, September 10, 2009

Almost Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today is my last day driving to Galveston for work (at least for now) and I wanted to bring something for my team as a little farewell gift. I left work at 7 last night and went to Alvin's cousin's house for dinner and to play with little Ethan. When I finally get home, it was 11:30 and I knew that I don't have the time to make something fancy. Plus, I ran out of sugar and therefore had to make a midnight trip to H-E-B. And we all know, there's no such thing as a short trip to the grocery store for me. :p


When I went back home, I browsed through my cookbooks looking for easy but yummy goodies. I soon realize that the time I take to browse, I could have used it to bake. :p Then I remembered these NM Chocolate Chip Cookies that my coworkers had mentioned about. I take a quick look at the recipe, then at my kitchen counter - check! I have all the ingredients on hand. :)


When I was baking these cookies, I had an echo going in my head: "Aim to under bake the cookies!" Yes, to get those chewy texture on the cookies, it is very important to under bake the cookies. When I took the cookies out of the oven, the middle part of the cookies are quite mushy. As the cookies cool, they take on more structure.


By the time I get done with these cookies, it was almost 2AM. I quickly took out my camera and snap some pictures. :) I brought this to work today and I'm hoping the team enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. mmm...they all look so yummy.
    How did you get your blog title on the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane!

    As for my blog title, I edited the picture in Paint and added the words there. :)

    ReplyDelete