Monday, September 1, 2008

Green Tea JCC

Two things made this Green Tea Cheesecake happen:
1. I found matcha powder at Central Market!
2. The challenge of water proofing my springform pan.

I have a heart-shaped springform pan that I have never used before and I thought it will make the cake a little more interesting. I used the same recipe as I did in my previous JCC but I added about 1/2 tbs of matcha powder to my cake.


The cake turned out fine although there is still a little bit of water seeping into the springform pan. >_<

I think that the cake needs more Matcha since the cream cheese flavor really drowned the green tea flavor. Overall I think the cake was fine... I've had people ask for seconds and I take that it's always a good sign. :)

I'm still learning about cake decorating so please pardon the imperfection. If you have any suggestions or creative ideas, please let me know. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment