Thursday, September 25, 2008

Devil's Food White-Out Cake

Another farewell. Lately it seems that a lot of people are leaving. I'm happy that they are moving on in their lives, exploring a new chapter of adventure, but it's also sad to have to say another good bye. I thought a lot about this and I wanted to bake one last cake for Adit before he left. He's been an awesome guitarist and is always cheerful (so far :p).

This cake is in the cover of Dorie Greenspan's book and I thought that if it's good enough to be a cover, it's good enough to deserve a try. The picture shows how the cake looks like if Dorie made it and the actual result when I made it.

This cake is really different than a normal chocolate cake because of several things:


1. The chocolate cake has chocolate chip chunks inside
2. The filling and frosting is really marshmallowy (egg whites and VERY hot sugar)
3. The decoration of the cake is the actual cake itself!


The recipe for this cake is about 3 pages long and I really don't want to type it all out but if you're interested to bake this, let me know and I'll post it for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment