Sunday, February 8, 2009

Neopolitan Buttermilk Cupcakes

Here are the cupcakes - part of the weekend baking:

I found this fantastic website that has awesome cupcake recipes and I've been baking a couple of cupcakes from this collection. Both times the recipes call for buttermilk and that's when I discover the beauty of it.

This one is a 3-flavor cupcake: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. I first made the cupcake batter in one ig batch, then divide it into 3 and flavor them individually. Once done, I pipe the chocolate batter at the bottom, followed by vanilla and strawberry batters. I baked them in the oven and tadaa!

The recipe uses a cream cheese frosting for the cupcakes, but I've used up enough cream cheese for the carrot cake that I decided to do something else. The birthday boy's mom suggested making a tiramisu cupcake. So I decided to make a tiramisu italian meringue buttercream for the cupcake frosting. I added a little rum to the buttercream to kick it up a notch. :p

And this is what I do with the leftover batter. I made mini cupcakes! I brought all these to church and they were gobbled up pretty quickly. :) It felt so good to have others try your baking and enjoyed it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment