Monday, February 2, 2009

Marble Cake with Vanilla Frosting - Version 1

This is my second fondant cake. It's a simple decoration but I think that it's really cute. This was for my friend's coworker's daughter's birthday. The story of this cake began when Eva brought the black forest cake that I had made for her to work. Her coworker tried the cake and liked it. She then asked me to bake a cake for her daughter. I never spoke to her directly but Eva's the messenger between the two of us.

She had wanted a marble cake with vanilla frosting. I'd never made a marble cake before but I'm glad to have a chance to try. :) I also used simple vanilla buttercream to fill the cake and strawberry buttercream to cover the cake. I don't usually use this "american" style buttercream, but from past feedback from my american friends, they liked their cakes to be more on the sweet side. So I decided to use a sweeter frosting for this cake. After finishing with the cake, I covered it with pink fondant and decorated it with a teddy bear and a few hearts. :)

However, after long thoughts about the cake, I realized that this is not my kind of cake. I don't usually bake butter cakes and I don't usually use simple buttercream to ice my cakes. It's too sweet for me. I started to doubt this cake and so I made a second cake... just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment