Friday, February 6, 2009

Dark Chocolate Espresso Cake

I'm very happy when my friends asked me to bake a cake for them. It means a lot to me that they trust me to bake something nice... for a special occasion. This time, my roommate asked me to bake a cake for her boyfriend's birthday. It's the first birthday for Ryan after they are together. We talked about the kind of cake that Ryan would like and Mery's request to me was to make a rich chocolate cake. :) So here it is...

This cake is made of 2 layers of dark chocolate cake, 2 layers of dark chocolate espresso mousse, a layer of black raspberry jam, and topped with chocolate rum cream. :)

I really wished that I had more time to do the cake. I wanted it to be extra special for both of them, but I had to work late these days and I didn't have much time to decorate the cake at night.

Again, I couldn't make it to the birthday surprise because of work, but I'm glad everybody enjoyed the cake. :)

1 comment: