Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Chocolate Pudding Filled Cupcakes

Today's entry is really adopted from the Mexican Chocolate Pudding Filled Cupcake recipe that I found on Martha Stewart. If you click on the link, it'll take you to a video on how to bake the cupcake. I changed the recipe a little for my mini cupcakes. Since I don't have any Mexican chocolate, I just replaced it with regular bittersweet chocolate. Also, instead of pulling out a chunk of the cupcake to make room for the chocolate pudding, I just squeezed it right in. For a little decoration, I sprinkled white chocolate shavings on top.

I brought these to the Cocktail Dinner for my friend's bachelorette party and of course, I had to use the mini cupcake stand for presentation! I love this new tool that I bought. :)

The cross-section of the cupcake in the above picture will show you how it looks like with the chocolate pudding inside. The feedback I got from these cupcakes are that the frosting is super yummy, the variation in texture (between the cupcake, pudding, and frosting) is complimentary, and the chocolate taste is really rich. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment