Thursday, July 8, 2010

Panna Cotta

I've heard of panna cotta since a while ago but I didn't really pay attention enough to try experimenting with it in my kitchen. But after reviewing the contents of my fridge, I realize that I have leftover plain youghurt and then I start looking around for desserts that use yoghurt. This panna cotta recipe came to mind - one simple recipe that has been tested and tried by a dear friend that I respect and trusted. If she's used the recipe and published it, it means that this is some good stuff :p


She used this recipe to make verine, but I just want to try the panna cotta portion of the recipe.

Panna Cotta by Bertha

200g heavy cream
45g granulated sugar
1/2 vanilla bean, split and seeded
3/4 tsp gelatin powder
1 tbs water
100g plain yoghurt

Combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla bean in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Bloom the gelatin in the water and melt it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Once the cream mixture come to a simmer, add in the melted gelatin. Cool the mixture in an ice bath. Once it reaches room temperature, mix in the yoghurt. Pour into the prepared moulds and chill in the refrigerator until set.

When I serve my panna cotta, I poured some raspberry sauce around and topped it with some mixed berries. Yumm!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so thankful you're back writing this blog! I love it so much and it gives me such encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Occi.....Seems you are having a blast at home...keep up good work, I'd hope you'd bake some of your yummy goodies when I go to Jakarta....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon: thanks a lot for ur support
    Fidel: yukkk.. kapan kesininya?

    ReplyDelete