Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Out of This World Brownies

Someone told me once that brownies is one of the easiest thing one can bake at home. It doesn't require you to use any special equipment, not even a mixer (handheld or stand). However I've yet to find a brownies recipe that's perfect for my taste. I like my brownies be balanced between cakey and fudgy, I like my brownies to have a deep chocolatey taste that is not overwhelmingly sweet, and I like my brownies to have a thin crunchy crust. Well this one covers all my check points. :) Warning though, this one does need a mixer :p


Out of This World Brownies
adapted from Sherry Yard

3/4 cup + 2 tbs all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
4oz butter, chopped
1oz unsweetened chocolate
7oz bittersweet chocolate
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar

Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8" square baking pan with aluminium foil sprayed with pan spray (ex. PAM). Sift the flour and salt together. Melt the butter, unsweetened chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power for about 2 minutes or in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool to about 90F.

In a large bowl, beat together the effs and sugar until fluffy using a mixer. Then, gently beat in the butter and chocolate using a whisk. Last, fold in the flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.

This is a recipe that's definitely worth trying :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment