Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cheese Chiffon Cupcakes

July seems to be a wonderful month for me as evidenced by the number of things I've managed to bake compared to the previous months I've been in Indonesia. :) I hope that going forward, I'll be able to resume the same (or even faster) pace in baking at home here in Indonesia as in Houston. You'll also start to notice a lot of this dotted gray table tops on the pictures of my cakes and breads :p It's my new kitchen counter! Yay!

One of the advantages to baking in Indonesia is the abundance of Kraft Processed Cheddar Cheese that was so difficult to find in Houston. In every grocery store that you go to here in Indonesia, you can be sure to find this Kraft cheese. Almost every child in Indonesia grow up with this cheese and so the taste is very comforting to many people here. I'm no exception. :)


These cupcakes here are made with the same batter as my chiffon cake but baked in cupcake pans lined with paper liners. I filled each pan with batter almost to the top - this is because when baked in cupcake pans, I wasn't able to "hang" the cake up and therefore the cake's dome will flatten as it cools. Once baked and cooled, I frosted the top with a little buttercream and generously topped them with Kraft cheese.

I brought these to the office and it was quite a hit! :)

5 comments:

  1. wow this is so smart hahahhaa...... yos can you share your buttercream receipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yosta...i am excited to see your new kitchen.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky: You will soonnnn :)

    Anon: I used many different kinds of buttercream for my cakes. But for my cheese chiffon, I usually use cream cheese frosting:

    125g cream cheese
    50g unsalted butter
    125g powdered sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    a pinch of salt

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yossi,

    Like your chiffon cake on the cupcake liner...anyway...may I know how long did you bake them for?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since the oven that I have in Indonesia is not a convection oven, I don't have a definite baking time for these cupcakes. I just checked them from time to time to see if they're done by inserting a toothpick into the cake and making sure it came out clean. For this batch, it took me about 20-25 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete