Monday, August 24, 2009

Streusel Sour Cream Cupcakes

I had bought a huge 3lbs tub of sour cream at Costco thinking that I'll need it to make all the cheesecakes for the wedding but I didn't use any of it at all. So now I'm stuck with the sour cream (thank God that it has a few months of shelf life) and I need to use it up somehow. In my research for sour cream cakes, I found this recipe from Epicurious of sour cream coffee cakes in cupcake forms! :) And since I just bought some adorable polka dots cupcake liners, I'm sold on the recipes.
This is also my first time in making streusel. I guess I'm entering some uncharted territory for me. :p The recipe didn't specify the amount of streusel to put on the cupcakes and so I played around with it. Some of my cupcakes have a tiny bit of streusel and some are totally covered in it. I decided that I like them with lots of streusel. :)


The texture of this cake is soft and slightly crumbly. The crumbs are surprisingly very moist. I couldn't taste the sour cream while eating this cake but I did feel a little bit of tangy feeling when I bite into it. The streusel was also a delight! It's nice and crumbly and crunchy. The taste is more on the sweet side but the pecans gave it another side of taste. :p


Once more, the pictures are courtesy of Alvin. :) To take these pictures, he had to search for a place in my apartment with white lighting and the only place was the kitchen. So he lifted the coffee table to the kitchen, set the cupcakes up of the pictures, dragged one of my dining chairs, positioned himself well on the chair, and then took the pictures. :p The whole process was really fun to watch.

To end this post, I want to share this verse I received from a friend:

Jeremiah 17:7 - Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment