Monday, August 31, 2009

Peach Mousse Cake with Strawberry Gelee

This one is the fruity cake that I made for my sister per her request (see her other cake request here). I saw Tartelette's post of strawberry and peach combo and I just fell in love with the idea. I took her recipes for the peach mousse and strawberry topping and made it into this layered cake. :)

The process began with making my mom's vanilla sponge cake, which has a soft texture with moist crumbs. This sponge cake is also not as sweet compared to the typical American sponge cake but I think it's perfect for this cake, because the subtle peach flavor will not overthrown by the cake. I then make the peach mousse followed by the strawberry gelee. For the mousse, I doubled the portion to make enough for an 8" cake. For the gelee, I took Tartelette's strawberry topping recipe and added an extra teaspoon of gelatin and then doubled the recipe.


Again, I was fortunate enough to be able to take a cross section view of the cake. :) I believe that this cake won my sister's vote for as the better cake among the two that I had brought her. :p

Overall, I had a wonderful time in San Jose. Even though the trip was very short, it was very sweet indeed. I get to spend time with my dearest sis, my awesome bff, my heartwarming sisters in Christ, and I was able to be a part of my dear friend's wedding.

Priceless.

1 comment: