Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lightened Cheesecake

I've been experimenting with cheesecake lately and this is from a recipe that I found on foodnetwork. This cheesecake uses low fat ricotta cheese, low fat cream cheese, and light sour cream. I think this will definitely fit the description of a healthy cheesecake. :p

Slight modification that I made to the recipe is that I baked it on a waterbath. Bertha told me that even if a recipe doesn't call for a water bath, it is good to use it still so that the cake can retain its moisture and bake more evenly.

I baked this cheesecake on Friday after I went to Macy's to look for Kitchen Aid standing mixer. Macy's online store has the KA mixer on sale for 30% off and I really thought that it's a good deal. On top of that, I had thought of another brilliant idea: to buy it at the store and save on the shipping cost. HOWEVER, the Macy's store doesn't necessarily offer the sales and promotions that Macy's online store does. I felt so down when I found out. But baking this cheesecake ease my mood for the rest of the day. :)

I have no idea who or what this cheesecake is for, but I will start to look for victims now to share the "blessings."

3 comments:

  1. omg Yossi.. I definitely would like to be one of your victims! hauhauhuaah16x

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe... come here to Houston! I'll formally make you into my victim! :p

    ReplyDelete