Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Coffee Break Muffins

Lately, I've been in the mood of muffins. They are very simple and easy to make. You don't need mixers and you don't need measuring scale (for this one, at least). All you need - as far as hardware goes - are 2 mixing bowls, muffin pans, and muffin liners. :)



This coffee muffin was made using a recipe from Baking - From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. I receive this book as a birthday gift from Ci Lia, Ko Yohan, and Ethan. :) It's one of my favorite baking book of all time! There isn't a recipe in this book that I tried and didn't like.

Dry ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs espresso powder

Wet ingredients:
1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg

Making muffins is basically a 4 step process:
1. Mix in all the dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Mix in all the wet ingredients in a bowl
3. Mix the dry and wet together - don't over mix the batter, it should still be lumpy
4. Pour the batter in the muffin cups and bake at 375F for 20 minutes


I really like how this muffin turned out, especially when it's still warm. :) The top part of the muffin is crispy and the inside is soft and moist. Alvin and I ate it again when it's at room temperature and they're still pretty good. I highly recommend this recipe to those who are looking for something simple to make in the morning. :)

As I was making this cake, I had this thought that I would love to be making breakfast goodies for my future husband. :p It's funny how Alvin and I learned to cherish each other more these few days - especially after the stolen purse incident. It gives me a warm feeling in my heart. :) It also reminded me of how much Jesus loves me - I may not be able to make him breakfast muffins everyday, but I am learning to give Him my time in the morning (and throughout the day). I wish that everyone can share this warm feeling as well.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment