Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Strawberry Cotton Cake

Work has been taking a LOT of my time this past couple of months. This past couple of weeks, however, had been quite a challenge for me. I had a lot to do with so little time and not much experience. But I know that in all things, God will work for the good of those who loves Him. On top of that, I know that in my weakness, He is made strong. :) I'm really thankful for my job and my coworkers who've been so much fun to work with. I'm also very thankful for Alvin; he's always there to cheer me on! :)

Anyways, tonight I just had to bake. Even though it's late at night and I have to go to work tomorrow morning (or in the next few hours), I really feel that I should do something outside of work for myself. And here is what I did:


It's a strawberry cotton cake! The texture of the cakes are really soft and they look so adorable! I used my Bertha's Blueberry Cotton Cake recipe and made it pink. :)

After all that waiting (40 minutes in the water bath), I just had to take a bite! Some of you may know that I don't usually eat my own cake. I feel more satisfied when others try my baking and tell me how they feel about it. But Bertha told me that I should at least take a bite to find out how the cake(s) taste like to see if I actually like the cake. It's true that people have different preferences.


I really think I'll make this cotton cake more often (and with more variations) but with less sugar. It's a little on the sweet side for me. :) I thought of decorating it by putting icing on the cake, but the cake is so light that I think butter cream would be an overkill to the cake.

I'll definitely bring this to the office tomorrow for a test drive. :p


No comments:

Post a Comment