Friday, May 8, 2009

Baileys Espresso No-Bake Cheesecake

I wanted to make a dessert for the girls in my small group on Thursday but I have another cake to make that was going to be picked up on Thursday as well. So I needed to make something that is quick and relatively simple. :p So I browsed through my recipe books and my recipe collections and noticed this Baileys Espresso No-Bake Cheesecake recipe from my dear friend Bertha. :) I glanced through the list of ingredients - I've got everything I need in my kitchen :) That's always a good start.


When the girls and I tried this last night, our comments were that the texture of this cheesecake is like a mixture of mousse, cheesecake, and pudding all together. :) I guess the best word to describe it is "interesting" - in a good way. :)

Here's the recipe from Ms. Bertha (I made slight modifications to it):

Base
1 thin layer of chocolate sponge cake (I used chocolate graham cracker crust)

Filling
1 block Philadelphia cream cheese, softened (I used 8oz cream cheese block)
1 tsp vanilla
30 g Baileys (I used 50g)
50 g strong espresso (I used 30g)
200 ml whipping cream
100 g sugar
1 Tbs. gelatin powder (I used 1 Knox gelatin envelope)
3 Tbs. cold water

Swirl
A little white batter
Chocolate paste/cocoa powder/melted chocolate, whatever works

How

1. Whip the cream until medium stiff peak form, set aside.
2. In a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth
3. Add the Bailey's and espresso, mix well.
4. Sprinkle the water over the powdered gelatin and let it bloom. Melt in a microwave for a few seconds. Don't let it come to boil.
5. Add the gelatin to the cheese mixture, stir to mix.
6. Fold in the whipped cream to lighten.
7. Place the sponge cake base in the bottom of a cake ring. You can moistened it with espresso and/or Bailey's if you want
8. Pour the batter onto the ring.
9. Take a little of the white batter and mix it with chocolate paste/cocoa powder and make a swirl/marble pattern using a toothpick or a skewer


I'm still new at this swirl thingie but it was really fun dragging those lines down to create a pattern. :) Here's a closer look at the "swirls."


During bible study last night, we were discussing about prayer and having a prayer-led life. I find it really difficult to commit to prayer despite knowing that that's the building blocks of my relationship with God. I think the reason is just pure laziness on my part. I really need to work on that. Please pray for me... that I will be in constant awareness of the fact that I am living in the presence of God almighty.

Thanks! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment