Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chocolate Rum Cake

I knew I was going to miss baking when I went back to Indo. That's why on the day of my departure from Houston, I had to make just one more cake. I had some heavy cream in the fridge that will go bad if I leave it for 3 weeks and so I decided to use it up.

This cake is a really simple. It's just moist chocolate sponge cake brushed with rum and filled and covered with chocolate Chantilly cream. I spiked the cream with rum as well to "lighten" the chocolate flavor.


Of course since I'll be leaving within a few hours that this cake was made, I need to give it to someone else. Who would be a better person to give this cake than the kind girl who sent us to the airport? Yep, it's all for Sylvia!

I really haven't heard from her about the cake. I'll definitely ask her opinion on it when I see here again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment