Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Few "MIA" cakes

Many of you must think that I've abandoned this blog. It's been too long since I last posted something of my baking or even informed you all that I'll be out for a bit. Well, just to give an update of what had happened to me since the last post...

1. I quit my job at KPMG Houston
2. I've packed all my personal stuff and shipped them back to Jakarta
3. I'm now bunking at Jane's place (she's so kind to let me stay at her place these last few days I have in Houston)
4. I'm still in denial about going back home (Jakarta) for good in the next 5 days

That being said, I'm still baking. :) Although I haven't baked as much as I'd like to because of many reasons (my last month at work had been crazy long hours; all my baking tools have been boxed up and shipped off; I have no place to bake), but I'm thankful of the several chances I was provided to make cakes and other desserts. :)


This is a cake for Brian's birthday.

This is a cake for Donna's wedding meeting.


This is a just-for-fun shortbread cookies with fondant.

I can't promise that I'll be able to bake and post as often as I did in the past, but I'll continue to maintain this blog and post as much as I can. I have no idea what life holds over there in Jakarta, but I know that if I hold on tight to God, He will lead my life. :) I really hope and pray that I'll grow in Christ in Indonesia and be a blessing to others around me.

Thanks for being so encouraging all these while... :)

3 comments:

  1. Yossi we are going to miss you over here in the states. Have a safe trip and keep pursuing your dream! I always hoped you were going to open a bakery over here ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss your beautiful creations. Good luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin & insanemommy,

    Thanks for your support :)

    ReplyDelete