Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Green Tea Cream Cake

Another cake for a dear friend. I'm always very happy when I can make cakes for my friends. It means a lot for me. It creates memories for me and I hope that it creates memories for them too. I've been thinking a lot about what to make for Jess and I really can't decide on one specific cake. After much thought, I decided to make something new for her.

This cake is made of 2 layers of green tea sponge cake, with cream legere between them, topped with white chocolate mousse. I wrapped the cake with white chocolate since I think it complements the green tea flavor. I also played around with the chocolate decoration by adding pattern to the wrap. It wasn't as neat as I wanted it to be but I reason that it's my first try.


I was careful not to misspell anything this time :p Since this is an experimentation cake, I think there are several things I want to change to improve in the future: make the cake more moist or fluffier, use more white chocolate mousse, and stabilize the cream legere using some gelatin.

No comments:

Post a Comment